Set up and configuration of an operating system requires you be familiar with the process before you begin. In order to help, I suggest you view the video tutorials below. Be sure to have notepaper and pen when watching them. Pause and take notes as needed. You will need to refer to them again. Suggestion: ALWAYS perform a Custom installation, never the Express installation.
The below six links represent a collection of Windows 10 setup, configuration, productivity tips, performance & troubleshooting procedures, networking, and security tips. Written by Mr. Ed Bott, staff writer for TechRepublic and ZDNet of world-wide and long standing renown, they are arguably the best that I’ve ever read to date. They are most highly recommended.
- How to install, reinstall, upgrade, and activate Windows 10
- Windows 10 setup and configuration tips: Don’t settle for default settings
- Windows 10 productivity tips: Making everyday tasks easier
- Windows 10 performance & troubleshooting tips: Run faster, smoother, longer
- Windows 10 networking and security tips
- Windows 10 tip: How to install a new font and manage a font collection
For a complete listing of all Ed Bott’s tutorials, tips, and comments logon to The Ed Bott Report.
Tips, Tricks, & Tutorials from other sites
- Good Advice: If the above tutorials prompted you to realize that there is more to the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system than you know, then you should strive to learn all you can about your operating system.
- If you learn Windows 10 OS then you will have the basic tools to do just about anything on your computer that you desire. I suggest that you enroll in a course to teach you all the various nuances of this software. There are online courses. Some free and some require payment. For online instruction I suggest that you logon to the Educational Resources page at this website and locate the course of your choice. There are many free courses and others which are reasonably priced and quite comprehensive. Your local community colleges offer technology courses as well.
- You will also find free Windows 10 tutorials at GCFLearnFree.Org. This website has approximately 125 different tutorials covering a wide variety of subject material.
- With this knowledge you will find your educational will be an excellent foundation which will enable you to feel confident with Windows, Apple OS X, Linux Mint, or any other software package in the future.
- If all you do is learn how to send e-mail, surf the internet, and logon to Facebook, then you will experience periodic frustration and stress. The choice is, as always, yours.